Recipe: Avocado Veggie Wrap
This recipe is so versatile so feel free to try tofu, black beans, or chicken in place of the chickpeas (cooking methods would vary) and whatever veggies you love – cucumbers or carrots would also be delicious! The avocado spread in this wrap can be used on burgers or as a dipping sauce for sweet potato fries as well. It’s light and creamy, with a tang-y-ness from the lime and Greek yogurt that gives these wraps great flavour. This recipe is a great source of fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C and iron.
Yield: 1 serving Prep time: 10 minutes Total time: 15 minutes
- Avocado, ½ small (or 1/4 of a large)
- Plain 0% Greek yogurt, 1 Tbsp
- Lime, juice of ½
- Canned chickpeas, ½ cup
- Garlic powder, ½ tsp
- Spanish paprika, ½ tsp
- Canola or sunflower oil, 1 tsp
- Bell pepper, ½ small (red, orange or yellow)
- Spring mix, small handful (arugula or spinach work as well)
- Hemp seeds, 1 Tbsp
- Tortilla, 1 medium (10”)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Rinse the chickpeas thoroughly then dry off with a paper towel. Warm up a small pan on low-medium heat, then add 1 tsp oil. Add the chickpeas, garlic powder and paprika, stir and sauté for about 5-8 min until crispy.
While the chickpeas are cooking, mix the first three ingredients to make the avocado spread, then chop the bell pepper.
- Add the avocado spread, cooked chickpeas, bell pepper, spring mix and hemp seeds to the tortilla. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Roll into a wrap and grill until the tortilla is crisp.
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 430
- Fat: 18.8 g
- Carbohydrate: 51.1 g
- Fiber: 12.8 g
- Sugar: 8 g
- Protein: 16.2 g